If you’re looking for an air filter that can effectively remove a wide range of airborne pollutants from your home or office, you’ve likely come across the term “True HEPA.” But what exactly does that mean? In this blog, we’ll dive into the world of air filtration and explain what sets True HEPA filters apart from other types of HEPA filters. We’ll also explore the many benefits of using a True HEPA filter in your home or office, from improved air quality to reduced allergy symptoms and more.
What is a HEPA Filter?
HEPA stands for “High-Efficiency Particulate Air,” These filters are designed to remove a wide range of airborne particles, including dust, pollen, pet dander, viruses, and bacteria. They are commonly used in hospitals, laboratories, and other settings where air quality is critical.
However, not all HEPA filters are created equal. To be classified as True HEPA, a filter must meet certain standards set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE). These standards require the filter to remove at least 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger in size.
True HEPA filters are the gold standard when it comes to air filtration, and they can make a significant difference in the air quality of your home or office.
What Makes HEPA “True HEPA”?
While all HEPA filters are designed to remove airborne particles, not all filters labelled “HEPA” meet the same standards. A filter must meet specific standards set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE) to be classified as True HEPA. If the HEPA filter does not meet the DOE’s standards for HEPA filtration, then it is not considered True HEPA.
These standards require the filter to remove at least 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger in size. This means that True HEPA filters are highly effective at removing even the smallest particles that can cause health problems, such as allergens, mould spores, and some types of bacteria and viruses.
Benefits of True HEPA
The benefits of using a True HEPA filter in your home or office are numerous. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Improved air quality: True HEPA filters are highly effective at removing a wide range of airborne pollutants, which can help to improve the overall air quality in your home or office.
- Reduced allergy symptoms: True HEPA filters can help to reduce allergy symptoms by removing allergens such as dust, pollen, and pet dander from the air.
- Improved respiratory health: By removing pollutants from the air, True HEPA filters can help to improve respiratory health, particularly for people with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
- Protection against viruses and bacteria: True HEPA filters effectively remove some viruses and bacteria from the air, which can help reduce the risk of infection.
- Odour reduction: True HEPA filters can help to reduce odours in your home or office by removing particles that can cause unpleasant smells.